Friday, November 9, 2012

Jumping Off the Fiscal Cliff

Have you ever done something you were afraid to do, but felt so much better after you did it?  This past year, I went zip-lining for the first time.  It was a huge accomplishment for someone with a massive fear of heights.  I'm glad I did it, but I probably wouldn't do it again purposely.  That is what fiscal conservatives are going to need to do to save our country - face our fears of massive debt, large tax increases, loan defaults, and credit rating downgrades by giving Democrats what they want.

I know, I know.  We have fought against tax increases for four years as the TEA Party!  Well, America has spoken, and we need to let the Obama administration lead the way.  According to the AP, letting the Bush-era tax cuts expire plus the defense, Medicare, and unemployment cuts will cut our deficit by $800 billion annually, leaving us with only $200 billion more to find in order to cover our $1 trillion annual deficit.  I don't know if it would work to balance the budget, but I know Americans would be hurting financially.  Perhaps that is what needs to happen to wake people up!

No comments:

Post a Comment