Friday, November 16, 2012

The Twinkie Movement

Apparently, one of the best ways to get the American people's attention is to take away their beloved Twinkies!  I was at the grocery store today, and although I rarely ever buy Hostess products for my kids, I made a special point to make my way to the Twinkie aisle.  Before I even made it there, a lady I didn't know told me I'd better hurry, because there was a run on Twinkies.  I thought it was strange, since she didn't know I might be headed there.  Then, when I saw what remained of the Hostess products, a half dozen people were there talking about if Twinkies were really going away. 

So, here are total strangers, all coming together for a common cause - the Twinkie!  I could hardly believe it.  As a TEA Party activist, I have been trying to figure out how to open the average working citizen's eyes to what was going on in our country.  Who would've guessed that a food product could be the answer? 

Now we have to find a way to message to the people about why the Hostess company is having to close its doors.  We have to let the people know that this is not about Wall Street, Big Business, and greedy CEOs.  While that may be part of the problem in corporate America, and perhaps Hostess needs to reevaluate if and how they pay their stockholders and if their leadership needs a bigger paycut, the reason Hostess is closing its doors is because the Union refuses to accept the best deal Hostess can give their employees.  While many employees are willing to work, their Union forbids it or they will lose their Union representation and benefits. 

I see a Twinkie movement starting.  Perhaps we should buy up all the Hostess products and set up a table and sell them along with our message of small government, individual liberty, and lower taxes.  It could work, couldn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment